We can help accelerate your healing. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.
Life presents numerous challenges each day that can make it difficult to feel content, at peace, and happy. Many people face mental challenges that set them back from achieving their full potential and feeling empowered in who they are. However, fully realizing your mental struggles is a challenge in itself, let alone working through them on your own.
If you are struggling with mental health or life challenges, contact the therapists Geneva IL residents trust. Our team of mental health professionals at St. Charles Advanced Therapy uses several specialized, advanced techniques to accelerate the healing process, helping you achieve initial results within a matter of weeks – not months.
Check out our client reviews to learn our positive reputation amongst past Geneva, IL clients.
- Is struggling with everyday challenges
- Is having difficulty working through a challenging event or situation
- Has a diagnosed mental condition, such as post-traumatic stress disorder, depression or anxiety
- Feels overwhelming hopelessness or sadness
- Has difficulty making or sustaining relationships
- Is using drugs or alcohol in an unhealthy way
At St. Charles Advanced Therapy, we offer psychotherapy services with the following goals in mind:
- Improving mental health and well-being
- Resolving troubling behaviors
- Mitigating damaging thought patterns, beliefs, compulsions, or emotions
- Improving social skills and interpersonal relationships
We customize our psychotherapy services for each client and use different techniques and methods depending on their specific needs. Our advanced psychotherapy services can allow you to experience improvements to your mental health within just a few weeks, setting you on the right track to achieving your goals and overcoming any challenges you face.
If you’re unsure whether psychotherapy is right for you, we can help you understand this service and point you toward the proper mental health treatment.
Feeling content in yourself and your identity is the foundation of living a happy, fulfilled life. If you are struggling with understanding and accepting who you are, you may be able to benefit from our coaching services.
At St. Charles Advanced Therapy, we use a “beyond the person” philosophy within our coaching services. We know that reaching your fullest potential comes from acknowledging and improving your multifaceted self, including your mind, body, spirit, and soul.
Our coaching program can help you discover exactly who you are and uncover your true purpose in life. We’ll look beyond your external persona to help you achieve a fully fulfilled and meaningful personhood, giving you the tools to conquer challenges and meet your goals moving forward.
We also offer unique pageant coaching services from Kristen Dalton Wolfe, a former Miss USA and professional life coach. Kristen can help you discover your intrinsic self-worth and create actionable plans to achieve your full potential.
EMDR Therapy Services in Geneva, Illinois
Eye-movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR) therapy is a structured psychological treatment for post-traumatic stress disorder and associated trauma. This therapy originated in the 1980s, when psychologist Francine Shapiro noticed that using purposeful eye movements reduced her feelings of stress when remembering traumatic events.
Since the 1980s, numerous psychologists have adopted EMDR techniques to assist clients experiencing painful or stressful emotions related to traumatic events. This therapy follows eight proven steps:
- History and treatment planning: Discussing how the clinician can use EMDR therapy to benefit the client
- Preparation: Explaining the EMDR process and preparing the client for any emotional disturbances that may arise during treatment
- Assessment: Identifying the traumatic event the clinician will attempt to desensitize the patient
- Desensitization: Guiding the client through side-to-side eye movements while the client focuses on the traumatic event
- Installation: Encouraging the client to associate a positive belief with the target event
- Body scan: Asking the client to consider the target event and positive belief while scanning their body from head to toe
- Closure: Guiding the client back to a state of calm in the present moment
- Reevaluation: discussing recently processed events to determine their distress level
At St. Charles Advanced Therapy, our licensed clinical social worker, Melissa Hill, has extensive training in providing EMDR therapy throughout Geneva, Illinois. We can help you reduce the distressing emotions surrounding challenging memories and guide you toward peace and positive feelings.
Hypnotherapy Services in Geneva, Illinois
Hypnotherapy, also known as guided hypnosis, is a psychotherapy practice that places clients into an altered state of awareness to uncover the root of their struggles or problems. Whereas traditional psychotherapy can slowly reveal a client’s sources of distress, hypnotherapy creates a direct route to discovering this information, streamlining the healing process.
Hypnotherapy can benefit a range of conditions and behaviors, such as:
- Sleep disorders
- Relational conflicts
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Grief and loss
Hypnotherapy is different from hypnosis. Whereas hypnosis has a reputation for sending participants into embarrassing postures or making them talk about secret topics, hypnotherapy is completely controlled. You can trust that your hypnotherapist will lead you only toward healing and keep your best interests in mind throughout the hypnotherapy session.
Our hypnotherapists conduct psychotherapy, or traditional talk therapy, while clients are in this altered state of awareness to help them work through challenges and stressors. This technique has helped numerous clients lead happier lives and feel more in touch with their deepest struggles and desires.
If you’re interested in learning more about our hypnotherapists and other therapists, contact us today.
At St. Charles Advanced Therapy, our advanced psychotherapy and counseling techniques set us apart from the other counseling offices around Geneva, IL. Contact us today at 630-797-5133 to learn more about our services or schedule an appointment.